pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] An old issue revisted

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: "John Schinnerer" <john@eco-living.net>
  • To: pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] An old issue revisted
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 21:57:50 -1000 (HST)

Aloha,

> As for building a collection of photos, we should encourage them to start
> taking them and uploading them somewhere.

If you want people to upload images somewhere else go for it, but for
those who just want to put them in HG then we need HG at least somewhat
functional first...

We also need to establish:

1) what image resolution(s) and quality(ies) we want/prefer
2) what other essential info is to be included with any images submitted
3) what license people will be agreeing to when they submit their images
and associated information

> http://market-farming.com/ - I took all the photos in the middle column of
> this webpage; persimmon, ground ivy and duckweed, top to bottom

Are you aware your page is about twice as wide as the typical user screen?