pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] ingredients for hg

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: imam@saleema.fsnet.co.uk, pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] ingredients for hg
  • Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2004 15:58:17 -0700

imam@saleema.fsnet.co.uk wrote:

Peapod I like

Saleema

Its more wholistic than nutshell, implying condensed, not the whole ball of
wax.
Peapod is modular, a shell or pod containing multiple interrelated universes,
peas-in-a-pod.

> Permaculture Plants Online Databases, Inc., a 501C3 non-frofit
corporation -
> (or Permaculture Plants Opensource Databases, Inc.)
> http://ppod.org
>
> peapod for short, catchy and sorta fits
>
> ppod.org is available
>
> POD1 a plant database
> POD2 a guild/ecological niche DB
> POD3 a PC systems design DB (aquaculture, water and soil
conservation, habitat development (ties in with the guild db),
terraforming,
> earthworks and more
> POD4 a gardening/farming/agroforestry DB (ties in with the plant
db and the guild db)

In keeping somewhat with a peapod concept, I have decided to begin a new
project, a
permaculture knowledgebase. Since I've found new, more secure and robust wiki
software
I will install this and replace the software running my old permaculture wiki
with it.
It will have a weblog, file uploads and much more. I'll probably create a new
website around it
and a new support mailing list: pc-knowledgebase@lists.ibiblio.org. I hope
this will become a
reservoir filled with a variety of information resources for everyone to use,
including the pcplantdb.