pchealth - Re: [pchealth] [permaculture] on the other side of the picture...

pchealth@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Permaculturist Health

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: Permaculturist Health <pchealth@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pchealth] [permaculture] on the other side of the picture...
  • Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 20:22:17 -0400

On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 7:07 PM, Frances and David <fdnokes@hotmail.com> wrote:
oh, and one thing to watch out for when eating a lot of soy is the estrogen
factor.
something to keep in mind.
starting to feel as if I ought to be posting this in your other list... the
one about food/health.

Done. Switched lists...

I quit eating soy because of the estrogen, thyroid, chemical residues from processing,
and some soy compounds that may not be so healthy. I decided that fermented/cultured
soy products would be much better so I began eating more tempeh, miso soup.
Later went back to tofu (from Trader Joe) with no noticeable ill effects and have decided to stay with it
at a rate of about 2-3 pounds per week with tempeh accounting for maybe two half pound packages
and fish or no supplemental protein the remaining days.

rice + tofu or tempeh
miso soup or salad
leftover soup gets cubes of tofu or tempeh plus rice - very fine fare

came up with an astounding breakfast hot cereal:

plenty of water to  make a thick soup like cereal
rolled oats
oat bran
sunflower seeds
grated coconut (key ingredient)
ground flaxseed meal
brazil nuts
almonds
a lot of sun dried unsweetened apricots
sea salt

you can also add pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, cooked corn grits,
raisins, prunes - the above recipe was just right, no other ingredients needed for max flavor

when done but not overcooked add plenty of nutritional yeast, honey, olive oil and soy milk

I was surprised at how good this was, a perfect blend of ingredients for max flavor, gourmet cereal,
very energizing, nutritious, needs to be served hot.

Next I'll give you one of my miso soup recipes.

LL