pchealth - [pchealth] Diet ideas, mostly vegan and simple.

pchealth@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Permaculturist Health

  • From: venaurafarm <venaurafarm@bellsouth.net>
  • To: Permaculturist Health <pchealth@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [pchealth] Diet ideas, mostly vegan and simple.
  • Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 16:21:22 -0400

Diet ideas, mostly vegan and simple.

A bit of advice based on my own experience + advice from a Chinese TCM
practitioner (on TV):
simplify your diet (dramatically)
at least temporarily eliminate all meat except for fish and occasional
poultry, wheat and all dairy
go vegan, raw as much as possible but diet should be all vegetarian
except for poultry/fish some of the time just to keep your protein intake up
by simplify I mean such things as: what the Japanese eat, traditional
macrobiotic diet, ultra simple, nourishing and nutritionally balanced

tofu
tempeh
miso soup
soup with rice noodles
dried shitakke mushrooms
dried seaweeds
kim chee (Korean farmented kraut)
dried fish (anchovy or pollock or other found in asian markets)
rice (I like the Lundberg basmati long grain best - high fiber; stay
away from jasmine or other low fiber rice)
condiments:
natto
tamari
ginger (also soup ingredient)
brown rice vinegar
umeboshi plums
umeboshi vinegar
sesame oil or olive oil

hot cereals with: oats, sunflower seeds, nuts of all kinds, dried
fruits, soy milk, nutritional yeast, oat bran, flaxseed meal, olive oil,
sea salt, honey or blackstrap molasses
any kind of soup is especially good, nourishing, a meal in itself, add
cooked rice to it instead of noodles

Only cookware you need is a cast iron pot (Griswold)
to cook large batches of rice in
and a small $20 carbon steel chef's wok to cook tofu/tempeh, miso soup
or other soup, reheat already prepared foods

  • [pchealth] Diet ideas, mostly vegan and simple., venaurafarm, 03/22/2013