ocba - Re: [ocba] honey vs. syrup

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Lewis Cauble <lewis AT hivebody.com>
  • Cc: OCBA <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [ocba] honey vs. syrup
  • Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 21:05:02 -0500

I believe they were referring more to high production volume chemicals and not agricultural pesticides or food additives.

On Feb 22, 2012, at 8:47 PM, annallys Goodwin-Landher wrote:

I originally read the statistic in a newsletter from Organic Consumers Association in reference to all  chemicals in use today.   I'm unable to find the volume with the direct quote.  In lieu of a citation please check  this website:  http://www.ourstolenfuture.org/myths/safetymyth.htm then click on the Chemistry Industry Archives at the bottom of the page and read  the "old chemical" heading.

In referencing paraquat and conventional sugar let me add that I am concerned about contributing by commission to the destruction of habitat, decimation of subsistence farming in third world countries, and eradication of ecological systems and the carbon footprint required to produce, ship and market the chemicals that are used in conventional farming.

I'm concerned for my health, the health of the bees I keep and the land they work.

Regards,

Annallys Goodwin-Landher
PO Box 2744
Chapel Hill, NC 27515