ocba - Re: [ocba] Freezing honey?

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: annallys Goodwin-Landher <annallys AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <klparmley AT gmail.com>, OCBA <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [ocba] Freezing honey?
  • Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 20:54:03 -0500

Kitty,

A bear got to a friends 4 hives a couple of years ago.  There were a lot of honey frames left after the bear ate the brood and some honey.  My friend consolidated the remaining supers with bees into one hive and froze about 30 frames of honey.  About 6 months later we thawed, uncapped, extracted and bottled the honey.  It was still delicious.

Annallys Goodwin-Landher
PO Box 2744
Chapel Hill, NC 27515
919 933-9109