nafex - Re: [nafex] transplanting a mulberry tree (was: Nanking cherry blossoms)

  • From: Ginda Fisher <list@ginda.us>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] transplanting a mulberry tree (was: Nanking cherry blossoms)
  • Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2014 10:44:17 -0400

I live in MA, and all the plants are pushing their buds. This isn't a good
time to bare-root anything you want to survive. I would either wait until
fall dormancy or use a tree-spade if either is a possibility. Because
Mulberries are very tough, I would guess a large tree-spade would work, even
though it isn't dormant.

Of course, if the mulberry-owner plans to get rid of the mulberry this
spring, and you can't rent a tree-spade, sure, give it a try. It might
survive, and as Deb says, what have you got to lose?

Ginda