nafex - Re: [nafex] Nanking cherry blossoms

  • From: Dan Nave <nave1@comcast.net>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Nanking cherry blossoms
  • Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2014 21:02:41 -0500

We have 3 Nanking Cherry plants. These were bought from a dealer as bare root plants, but they were from seed.
Interestingly, although the blossoms appear mostly white, the highlights on one are almost red, another is pink, and the third is almost white.
The fruit color matches the blossoms, with the reddest blossom producing the reddest berries with more tartness, the nearly white blossoms
producing a nearly white berry which tastes much sweeter, and the intermediate blossom producing berries that are half way in between.

Dan