nafex - Re: [nafex] how to keep squirrels of trees

  • From: "Harold F. Turnbull" <hfturnbull@csupomona.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] how to keep squirrels of trees
  • Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2013 10:44:24 -0800

I hope no one thought I was being serious when I suggested taking trapped
squirrels down the street and releasing them on a neighbor's property. It
was simply an attempt at injecting a bit of humor into the conversation.
What I actually do is drown them in the tank the trap manufacturer provides
for that purpose. I then toss them into an open area where one of our
resident hawks quickly finds them. The net result is that I am happy, I get
to keep more fruit. The hawks are happy, they get an easy meal. The
squirrel is not happy. There must be some kind of twisted evolutionary
ecology happening here.

Harold F Turnbull PhD