nafex - Re: [nafex] how to keep squirrels of trees

  • From: Road's End Farm <organic87@frontiernet.net>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] how to keep squirrels of trees
  • Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 22:23:04 -0500

On Nov 26, 2013, at 9:25 PM, Spidra Webster wrote:

> I have an acquaintance who has a dachshund that has turned out to be a
> prodigious squirrel hunter.

Does he climb trees?

I have never had a dog who could catch any significant amount of squirrels,
though not for lack of trying; the squirrels here learn very quickly to stay
out of a dog's reach, either in the trees or up the sides of buildings.

Even the cats can't catch them, because the squirrels weigh less and can go
further out on the branches than the cats can.

(although weather has (probably briefly) reverted to twenty
years ago right now)