nafex - Re: [nafex] Best apricots for the northeast

  • From: John Henderson <jhenderson@ithaca.edu>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Best apricots for the northeast
  • Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 13:50:05 -0400

Good to know about Puget Gold, since I just planted one this spring. We had no luck with Moongold and Sungold. Never got any fruit and after five years, both varieties died. Small sample size of one Moongold and two Sungolds, it should be noted. We have an 3 year old Adirondack Gold from St. Lawrence. No fruit yet (but this year was uncommonly unfair to early blossoming varieties), but the tree itself is healthy.

John Henderson
Sage Hen Farm
Lodi, NY