nafex - [nafex] Best apricots for the northeast

  • From: Steven Covacci <filtertitle@aol.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [nafex] Best apricots for the northeast
  • Date: Sun, 27 May 2012 02:23:14 -0400 (EDT)

I have an Early Blush apricot and am looking for a second variety - I live in
zone 6b/7a New Jersey. It looks like Jerseycot will be a late-bloomer, but
disease prone.
I was considering Tomcot; but maybe Montrose will be a better idea. One
thing about Montrose (which I do not know to be true of Early Blush or
Tomcot) is that it has a sweet-pit; that gives it a big advantage, if I can
use it as an almond substitute.
Thank you,
Steve; NJ