nafex - Re: [nafex] Getting a Chocolate kaki to make more female flowers

  • From: Scott Smith <scott@cs.jhu.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Getting a Chocolate kaki to make more female flowers
  • Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 09:40:03 -0400

Jerry, I did put some compost, fertilizer, and bark mulch on the tree this
spring (and every previous spring) so I the soil should be good. The flower
types do seem to cluster by branchlet. I wonder if older branches are more
likely to turn to male flowers and I need to let the tree send up some new
shoots which will start female? When the flowering is done this year I will
give parts of the tree with no fruits a strong pruning and see what that does
for next year.

Scott