nafex - [NAFEX] fall/winter fruit for cool greenhouse?

  • From: "V. Michael Bove Jr." <vmb@teakettlefarm.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] fall/winter fruit for cool greenhouse?
  • Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 16:40:40 -0500

We have a little bit of space in our cool (40F night, 75F day in winter) greenhouse, and I was thinking it might be fun to find a shrubby plant that ripens its fruit in winter (assume short days and high humidity). Any favorite suggestions for something that can be maintained about 3' in height and won't have major disease problems in somewhat damp conditions?
Michael Bove
Teakettle Farm, Z6 (MA/RI border)