nafex - Re: [NAFEX] elderberries and the dreaded green goo

  • From: Steve Herje <loneroc1@gmail.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] elderberries and the dreaded green goo
  • Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2011 07:08:18 -0500

Acetone works like a charm.

On Aug 27, 2011 6:27 PM, "mIEKAL aND" <qazingulaza@gmail.com> wrote:

The birds got all my elderberries this year so I'm making elderberry
wine on shares with berries from another local grower. However, he
borrowed the county grape destemmer to destem the elderberries &
because little bits of stem got into the mix I have an incredible
amount of green goo in my primary that for the life of me I can't
clean up. Citrus cleaner has no effect on it. Anyone have a product
they use successfully to remove it?

~mIEKAL