nafex - Re: [NAFEX] University researchers working to perfect haskap berries for Canada (Vancouver Sun)

  • From: mIEKAL aND <qazingulaza@gmail.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] University researchers working to perfect haskap berries for Canada (Vancouver Sun)
  • Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 07:20:28 -0500

I'm thinking I have Blue Belle. That name sounds familiar. My bushes
after 8-9 years are not even 3 feet high. Well mulched, good compost
etc, they have never gotten any larger.

So the million dollar question is, have you tasted wine made from
them, & if so, do you notice any distinctive character that really
captures the fresh fruit flavor?

Also, if you have seedlings that are a result of your planting Im
assuming those seedlings would be a mishmash of genetics.

~mIEKAL

(you've almost sold me to put in a planting.....)