nafex - Re: [NAFEX] How to keep birds from blueberries

  • From: "Michele Stanton" <6ducks@gmail.com>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] How to keep birds from blueberries
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 14:39:21 -0400

Jerry
I went to an old feed store in so. Ohio and bought some used 10' wide
tobacco row covers. Inexpensive, and did the job. I use it on my
jostaberries where the birds choose them by color. I put the row cover over
just before the berries start to turn, and it does the trick. I tried
netting once, but the birds could see the berries, and they were relentless
in their attempts to get through (they succeeded). My guess is this would
work for blueberries.

Michele
SW Ohio