nafex - Re: [NAFEX] kiwi flower report.

  • From: Caren Kirk <quirky@videotron.ca>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] kiwi flower report.
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 10:35:17 -0400

What kind of size fruits do Red Beauty give you? I've heard that they're small, but that's all relative I guess. My September sun produces fruit about 1.5 inches long.

Is the foliage really very spectacular in the autumn? I have to say all my maples and oaks, etc put on such a fabulous display I hadn't thought of planting the kiwis for autumn colour. I do appreciate the variegation during the summer mind.

I agree about the harvesting time. It is extremely difficult to tell. Oh well, one day we'll know the secret!

Caren