nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Strawberry problems

  • From: Melissa Kacalanos <mijwiz@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Strawberry problems
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2011 13:38:32 -0700 (PDT)

What kind of strawberry is this? There are some very odd strawberries at
Corvallis, including ones that are just female, and need a male to set fruit,
and males that never set fruit at all.

Melissa
Zone 5 NY, where the Mara Des Bois strawberries are producing even more than
the chipmunks can eat, and my male musk strawberries have set lots of fruit.