nafex - Re: [NAFEX] [Bulk] Protecting Apples

  • From: Caren Kirk <quirky@videotron.ca>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] [Bulk] Protecting Apples
  • Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2011 09:33:39 -0400

My husband makes his own noose traps. Not the most effective or discriminating method of pest control in my opinion.

My mother-in-law has a contraption she made a out of a small metal beer keg that she uses to stop squirrels climbing up her bird feeder post. Seems to work pretty well and I'm trying to think if it could be adapted to go on my pear trees which were ravaged by squirrels last year. However the low branches probably will mean it's effectiveness will be lost.

Caren Kirk
St. Jerome, QC