nafex - [NAFEX] downy mildrew - "Giant book of garden solutions"

  • From: mike engle <speigletown@hotmail.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] downy mildrew - "Giant book of garden solutions"
  • Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2011 20:09:13 -0400

Growing grapes, and I noticed some downy mildew on some of my grapes. maybe
40% of my vines had at least one spot(Steuben and St. Pepin) and nearly all
my entire row of LaCrosse. (Joy of joy, I got some apple trees grafted and
I'm keeping them in a patio as they start, and my Cellini apple tree has a
few circular spots on two of the leaves.)

I was wondering if anyone has ever tried the "magic mildew control tonic"
in Jerry Baker's "Giant Book of Garden Solutions"

4 tbsp of baking soda
2 tbsp of Murphy's Oil Soap
1 gal of warm water

curious to know if it is something that works decently, or if it is pure bunk.

mike engle
Troy, NY - zone 5