nafex - [NAFEX] Figs

  • From: Jay Cutts <orders@cuttsreviews.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Figs
  • Date: Sun, 22 May 2011 22:06:20 -0600

I know I just saw a NAFEX email today about figs and it has disappeared from my inbox!!

Any suggestions on very hardy figs with good fruit quality? I had one here in NM at 5000 ft that died in this past winter's record cold snap. I don't know the variety but it was yellowish when ripe and had two full crops a year.

I hope to get one from local NAFEX member Lloyd Kreitzer (the fig man) called Griego. Anyone heard of it? What might other good prospects be?

I tried to search the NAFEX archives from the home site but I don't see any way to do a search. Am I missing something?

Thanks.

Regards,

Jay

Jay Cutts
Director, Cutts Graduate Reviews
Lead Author, Barron's Test Prep Publications
(800) 353-4898
In New Mexico, (505) 281-0684
10 am to 10 pm Mountain Time, 7 days