nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Hardy kiwi male

  • From: mIEKAL aND <qazingulaza@gmail.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Hardy kiwi male
  • Date: Sun, 8 May 2011 19:59:08 -0500

I've had every male arguta that I've planted die except for 'Meader'....
maybe 7 or 8 total from a variety of nurseries.. The females just seem way
more winter hardy & a lot more vigorous growers. I did, however, manage to
softwood propagate some 'Meader' cuttings this year but the dog ate them
this winter...

~mIEKAL

& I just got 4 more male arguta from even other nurseries in the mail as
replacements & every one is a tiny twig that I feel like I'll need to grow
out in a pot for a year or two before I can even put them in the ground.