nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Figs

  • From: Elizabeth Hilborn <ehilborn@mebtel.net>
  • To: orders@cuttsreviews.com, North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Figs
  • Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 21:47:25 -0400

Jay, I have really enjoyed the fruit quality of Chicago Hardy fig. They are big and sweet and reported to survive lower temperatures than most figs.

Betsy Hilborn
7a central NC

On 5/23/2011 12:06 AM, Jay Cutts wrote:

I know I just saw a NAFEX email today about figs and it has disappeared
from my inbox!!

Any suggestions on very hardy figs with good fruit quality? I had one
here in NM at 5000 ft that died in this past winter's record cold snap.
I don't know the variety but it was yellowish when ripe and had two full
crops a year.

I hope to get one from local NAFEX member Lloyd Kreitzer (the fig man)
called Griego. Anyone heard of it? What might other good prospects be?

I tried to search the NAFEX archives from the home site but I don't see
any way to do a search. Am I missing something?

Thanks.

Regards,

Jay

Jay Cutts
Director, Cutts Graduate Reviews
Lead Author, Barron's Test Prep Publications
(800) 353-4898
In New Mexico, (505) 281-0684
10 am to 10 pm Mountain Time, 7 days