nafex - [NAFEX] Fruit from peach rootstock?

  • From: Jay Cutts <orders@cuttsreviews.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Fruit from peach rootstock?
  • Date: Sun, 08 May 2011 17:50:11 -0600

I got a grafted peach in this spring. The top of it died, as it seemed to have some girdling above the graft.

There is a shoot coming up from below the graft and it's quite pretty - fine, green leaves on a purple stalk. Would any of the standard rootstocks produce fruit worth having?

Regards,

Jay

Jay Cutts
Director, Cutts Graduate Reviews
Lead Author, Barron's Test Prep Publications
(800) 353-4898
In New Mexico, (505) 281-0684
10 am to 10 pm Mountain Time, 7 days