nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Grafting tools

  • From: sherwin <sherwindu@att.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Grafting tools
  • Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 15:36:02 -0500

On 4/12/2011 2:05 PM, Chris Garriss wrote:
I've one I bought about 10 years ago - not bottom end but not commercial
either. Works best when scion& rootstock are similarly sized - does not
have to be exact by any means.

When Lee Calhoun was doing custom grafting he was using a very nice, very
"flexible" commercial unit...also rather expensive.

With the tool I have I can work 3 - 4 times faster. For small time
grafters (like me), sharing a tool would make more sense. But I would not
give up the one I have by any means.