nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Carmine Jewel Taste??

  • From: Jay Cutts <orders@cuttsreviews.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Carmine Jewel Taste??
  • Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 12:39:46 -0600

Hi, All.

I've seen a lot about Carmine Jewel lately. I have Jan, Joey and Joel and, while it is kind of fun to have a cherry in the fall, none of them have a great taste to me. They seem to have a bit of bitterness to them and are not terribly sweet.

Carmine Jewel is advertised as "tasting like a sweet cherry". How does it really taste? Is it actually more similar to Jan/Joy/Joel?

Also does it require a different bush cherry as a pollinator? If I remember, Jan/Joy/Joel each need one of the others.

I do hope some of you have some experience with this! Thanks.

Regards,

Jay

Jay Cutts
Director, Cutts Graduate Reviews
Lead Author, Barron's Test Prep Publications
(800) 353-4898
In New Mexico, (505) 281-0684
10 am to 10 pm Mountain Time, 7 days