nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Carmine Jewel

  • From: Leslie Moyer <unschooler@lrec.org>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Carmine Jewel
  • Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2011 12:28:37 -0600

I would have said 6b or 7a until last month when we had temperatures that
dipped down to 23 below zero F. Luckily, we had some snow cover. I'm
waiting patiently to see what, if anything, I lost. Luckily, I brought my
pineapple guava in from the hoophouse. Not sure what the temps were in there,
but I know it got cold in there. I left a Northland fig out there and it
looks like maybe it didn't make it, though figs are late to come out of
dormancy. I think it had a green tip on it just before the cold snap, though.

--L.