nafex - Re: [NAFEX] want to talk about pears, for a bit

  • From: Amelia Hayner <abhayner@gmail.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] want to talk about pears, for a bit
  • Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2011 08:49:01 -0400

Thank you, Donna!
I have seen older pears trees here with just that shape you describe..
usually beside tiny abandoned farmhouses.
do you think there's any sort of training that I could do that would help?
should I spread branches out a bit?
I am putting them in the hottest area of the yard.. hoping that will slow
the growth down some.
that's encouraging.. about the eating qualities.. and that you don't have to
peel them to dry them! sounds good to me!
I will just deal with the time of year..
Amy
NC