nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Good Book on Plant Propagation

  • From: "Kieran &/or Donna" <holycow@frontiernet.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Good Book on Plant Propagation
  • Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2011 18:03:35 -0600

I think that's the one I have, plus a much older one, and I have gotten A LOT of very useful information out of them. When you read a post from me about what you can and cannot do in propagation, it's usually something I've read in one of those books. Eg, approach grafting. And I have a tendency to do things to plants like they do with citrus to speed up scion crowth. Half cut or half break the rootstock above a newly growing bud, and lay it over horizontal so the leaves on it will help the graft to grow. Professionals working with temperate trees never seem to do this sort of thing. Donna