nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Anyone tried bark grafting with non-dormant scions?

  • From: "Kieran &/or Donna" <holycow@frontiernet.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Anyone tried bark grafting with non-dormant scions?
  • Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2011 17:56:43 -0600

When I want to pull stunts like this, I usually use a white grocery bag, put some wet leaves or newspaper in it and tie it over the graft. It's worked about as often as it's failed. Oh, you can do an approach graft, it's not as neat when it's done but sometimes you are stuck and have to do your best to save something. At least if you are working in the summer it's warm and you can expect something to happen - for good or for bad - in a hurry. Donna