nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Rosseyanka

  • From: Jim <jelie@new.rr.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Rosseyanka
  • Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 08:53:33 -0600

Hello Everyone,

I moved three months ago but had a 3 year old Rosseyanka that was doing fine at the place we just left. It was in a protected area on the southside of a shed but a neighbors box elder was looking like it would eventually reduce its sunlight. I am close to the 4b/5a line and the tree itself seemed to do very well. To expect any fruit production up this far north may be expecting too much. It was a nice looking tree(from Hidden Springs Nursery). I have had some decent persimmon production with a Meador that passed away from one of our more erratic spring time thaws and freezes. I also had some good luck with a Pipher seedling from Oikos that was by far the fastest growing persimmon I had up here. Szukis, and NC-10 seemed to struggle up here.

Take Care,

Jim Elie
Green Bay WI
zone 4b/5a