nafex - [NAFEX] Rosseyanka

  • From: Jwlehman@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Rosseyanka
  • Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 22:24:44 EST

In a message dated 3/9/2011 4:40:41 PM Eastern Standard Time,
orders@cuttsreviews.com writes:

> Does anyone have Rossayanka? I've also seen some comments that its fruit
> setting may be more susceptible to late frosts than either American or
> Asian persimmons. That's a big concern here. Any experience with it?

Hello Jay,

I've had Rosseyanka bearing for about 15 years. Maybe only one fruit in ten
has a seed. My place is loaded with D. virginiana pollen. I have no kaki
persimmons here in Indiana. Yes, it is a late (long) season fruit. I usually
cut the fruit off the tree about December 1 and bring it in to complete
ripening. There however are some few fruits that fully ripen in November.
Delicious! Frosts don't seem to hurry ripening nor stop their ripening
process. By
Dec. 1 we will have had several deep frosts.

Jerry