nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Pawpaw sources and uses

  • From: "Ron Powell, PhD" <Botrytis@fuse.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Pawpaw sources and uses
  • Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 13:04:31 -0500

Lucky,

Many of the stomach distress problems associated with pawpaws happens when the fruit is under ripe, over ripe, or bruised with a bacterial or fungal infection. I have had several individuals tell me that it does not matter whether the fruit is fresh or used in cooking, the stomach distress can occur.

Once you have had a bad pawpaw, most never go back and try them again!

Ron

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dr. Lucky Pittman" <lucky.pittman@murraystate.edu>