nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Fair game?

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflj@bellsouth.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Fair game?
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 19:12:53 -0500

On 1/28/2011 6:28 PM, Road's End Farm wrote:

I think there have been occasional very brief digressions into
vegetables, and that I may have been guilty of a quick reply to an
occasional vegetable question; but, if the list starts generally talking
about vegetables, I'm afraid it'll get difficult to find the fruit posts
in among the vegetable posts. This is North American *Fruit* Explorers,
after all.

I agree. This forum would quickly lose value if discussion ventured into the realm of vegetables.

If it's a commercial vegetable question, may I suggest MarketFarming? if
a home gardener question, maybe one of the Dave's Garden forums would work?

I hope many of those interested in vegetable talk will subscribe to any of the following forums. Like NAFEX they are also hosted by ibiblio.

Market Farming
http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/listinfo/marketfarming
Seed Keepers
http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/listinfo/seedkeepers
Soil Ecology
http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/listinfo/soilecology
Permaculture

Having said all that: I'm not the list moderator! and will defer to the
mods.

I _manage_ this list for the other owners, i.e. handle administrative requests, subscriptions and the like but do not set policy, only offer advice. I offered to do this indefinitely after migrating the Nafex forum and message archives from Yahoo to ibiblio. Truthfully, I am honored to have had the opportunity to do that and to manage this list. Like the gardenwriters, permaculture, seedkeepers and permaculture lists this has especially proven its worth over the years.