nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Glyophosphate horrors

  • From: Jackie Jameson <jacqueline.jameson@gmail.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Glyophosphate horrors
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 19:49:02 -0500

If it's not off-topic, I also would be interested to read data and proper studies about its ability to survive the GI tract and its persistence in manure and behavior in the compost pile.  I did have an unfortunate purchase of composted goat manure a few years ago that damaged crops, stunting growth completely of susceptible crops and others.  This was resulting from the now known problem of the persistance of clopyralid - the goats ate hay that was treated with the herbicide, which passes through their tracts and persists in the composted manure,

http://www.puyallup.wsu.edu/soilmgmt/Clopyralid.htm

http://ohioline.osu.edu/aex-fact/0714.html

The second publication does have data on the reported half-life of glyphosate, but no data on composting half life.

Thanks,
Jackie