nafex - Re: [NAFEX] ducks

  • From: Deb S <debs913@gmail.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] ducks
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 10:39:30 -0500

One more comment on ducks...finding someone to process your birds is difficult.  Most small processors don't do waterfowl.  To have enough birds to do any good in an orchard, I would think you'd want to harvest at least some in the off season.  So you might check to see what processors are available in your area.

I've processed my own chickens and it's a chore.  Waterfowl are even more difficult as plucking requires either singeing or parrafin waxing to remove pin feathers.

deb