nafex - Re: [NAFEX] ducks

  • From: david liezen <chandos49@hotmail.com>
  • To: Nat'l Ass'n of Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] ducks
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 01:09:30 +0000

Since I've never plucked a chicken (and hear about the stink of scalding 'em from those who have) I cannot compare the process. Having processed well over 100 rabbits, I can say dispatching a duck is no more difficult, just requires a bit more time. I can dry pick the feathers (NOT during moult) in about 20 minutes, and have skinned ducks when deep in molt, if necessary. Singeing pin feathers takes but a minute.
A roast duck is so worth it.
             Dave Liezen