nafex - [NAFEX] Building resilience

  • From: Hilborn.E@epamail.epa.gov
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Building resilience
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 13:34:22 -0500

plants. I installed drip irrigation 2 years ago and am exploring the use
of cisterns for irrigation. We have had some serious droughts here
within the last 5 - 7 years.

I am learning how to provide good pollinator food and habitat.

I continue to explore microclimates on my property.

I also am exploring plants that are billed as appropriate to grow in a
site characterized by a half to a full USDA planting zone higher ( in my
case, plants with a minimum requirement of 7b to 8a) with mixed results.
This is really only because I tend to covet what I 'cannot' have as far
as fruit exploring!

Betsy Hilborn
7a NC