nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Rabbit Problems

  • From: Jwlehman@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Rabbit Problems
  • Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2011 08:57:50 EST

In a message dated 1/8/2011 11:33:58 PM Eastern Standard Time, nave1@comcast.net writes:

The snow is very deep and the rabbits have been able to get
up on it and eat off many branches of fruit trees and shrubs that I planted last year.  Walking on
the snow they are able to get above the fences that I put around the trees before the snow.

Hello Dan,

Additionally they will eat the bark around the trees, especially apple, thus girdling them. Installing tree wraps can protect them from girdling, but not the branches.

Jerry