nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Chinese Fragrant Pear

  • From: Richard Harrison <rharrison922@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Chinese Fragrant Pear
  • Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2010 16:05:12 -0800 (PST)

Michele.
    I have a very aromatic and flavorful Chinese pear from Southern Oregon back in the 1980's. Although aromatic, it lacks desert quality--even sweetness. Its name escapes me, but it sounds somewhat similar to your brief description. Any idea on when this pear/your pear came to the USA?
                   Richard Harrison, NW FL