nafex - Re: [NAFEX] More apple questions

  • From: "Richard J. Ossolinski" <ossoeo@myfairpoint.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] More apple questions
  • Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 22:28:53 -0400

I like it too, Lucky, despite the fact that here it ripens a few weeks later and drops a lot of fruit prematurely.
Richard
Gouldsboro, ME  Zone 5

On Oct 25, 2010, at 12:57 PM, Dr. Lucky Pittman wrote:

Deb,
It’s not a PRI selection, but MonArk, out of the UofArk breeding program, has good disease resistance, and is one of the best early season apples  - ripe early to mid July here – that I’ve ever grown or tasted.  Good for fresh eating, cooking, and keeps well for 4-6 weeks under refrigeration without going mealy.
Nice, big red-over-yellow fruit with crisp white flesh.

Lucky