nafex - Re: [NAFEX] More apple questions

  • From: "Dr. Lucky Pittman" <lucky.pittman@murraystate.edu>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] More apple questions
  • Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 11:57:05 -0500

Deb,

It’s not a PRI selection, but MonArk, out of the UofArk breeding program, has good disease resistance, and is one of the best early season apples  - ripe early to mid July here – that I’ve ever grown or tasted.  Good for fresh eating, cooking, and keeps well for 4-6 weeks under refrigeration without going mealy.

Nice, big red-over-yellow fruit with crisp white flesh.

Lucky