nafex - Re: [NAFEX] PRI apples

  • From: Deb S <debs913@gmail.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] PRI apples
  • Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 15:41:28 -0400

Thanks Murph!  I appreciate the feedback.

deb

On Sun, Oct 24, 2010 at 1:49 PM, Richard MURPHY <murphman108@msn.com> wrote:
I have 5 Williams Pride and 7 Pristine trees, all bearing on M7 in zone 4 Maine.

The Williams Pride is a beautiful apple. Excellent flavor balance, ripe in August, dark red with a bloom. Some of the flesh near the skin turns pink. Trees are productive and have excellent crotch angles. No scab, no FB, but it is an AMF magnet.

The Pristine is a medium sized yellow apple, with about the same tree features, ripening time. The flavor is (to me) like a Yellow Delicious with better aroma and a little zing.

Neither are good keepers, but that's fine. August ripe apples get eaten willingly and the go FAST!!
Both recommended.

Murph

R A Murphy Jr

**YOU MUST BE SUBSCRIBED TO POST!**