nafex - [NAFEX] Lingonberry plants

  • From: Alan Haigh <alandhaigh@gmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Lingonberry plants
  • Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 14:33:24 -0500

I put some Lingonberrry plants in the ground here in Z6 NY.  Not worth the effort to me as they aren't competitive enough against weeds and probably do better in winters where they're reliably covered with snow- I've read that that's useful for the species.  I'm surprised Lee found them worthwhile.  I find currants deliver much, much more bang for the buck and fruit of similar usage, but maybe I just didn't give the lings enough care.  I'd never bother with them again.