nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Apple Rootstock Rundown

  • From: Anton Ptak <antonptak@gmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Apple Rootstock Rundown
  • Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2010 16:02:16 -0500

Jim,

Regarding bud.9 interstems - Cummins Nursery in NY is beginning to sell interstems of G.11 on MM.111 of certain varieties for spring 2011, might be similar to what you're looking for. At least they'll be somewhat smaller, productive, and precocious. They told me to expect between 10-12', but this of course varies with cultivar, etc. . . . Not quite sure what spacing I'll be using with these yet . . .

Anton Ptak
W. Wisc Zone 4a