nafex - [NAFEX] Apple Rootstock Rundown

  • From: "Tim Inman" <Tim@historicinteriors.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Apple Rootstock Rundown
  • Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 14:03:16 -0500

One thing missing from the info on apple rootstock is the single most important one to me:  Anchoring ability.

Many dwarfing stocks do not root or anchor well.  This makes them very 'needy' and short lived in my area.  I'm using plain old seedling rootstock for my 'old farmstead' apple orchard recreation - and they're doing just great!  Of course, I'm not in this for the money nor do I need to worry about quick return on investment.  This would change the game completely!

Tim

Zone 4-5A Iowa