nafex - Re: [NAFEX] High bush cranberry

  • From: cutts <cutts@cuttsreviews.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] High bush cranberry
  • Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 19:39:04 -0400

Yes, it's true. However, if you are outside in the middle of winter and run across them, you may find the taste of a fresh fruit refreshing. The smell is probably a little less when the berries are that cold. They are probably also more palatable when you only eat a few at a time rather than concentrating them as you did.

Interestingly the birds seem to leave them alone, so they are available all winter. I planted some on purpose.

Jay Cutts