nafex - [NAFEX] RHUBARB from seed

  • From: mIEKAL aND <QAZINGULAZA@gmail.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] RHUBARB from seed
  • Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 19:40:13 -0500

I'm needing to get 500 to a 1000 rhubarb plants going & at the price nurseries are charging it'll take me years to finance that. I've noticed a few places like territorial seeds are offering rhubarb seed. They say right out that you don't know what yr getting, but I wonder if in reality the variation would be all that great for something like rhubarb? Since I'm going to use it only for wine production & not fresh sales, I feel like I have quite a bit of latitude in what I could use to make rhubarb wine. Anyone having luck growing out from seed?

~mIEKAL

picked chestnuts, pears, figs, a couple pawpaw & buartnuts today....