nafex - Re: [NAFEX] RHUBARB from seed

  • From: Hélène Dessureault <interverbis@videotron.ca>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] RHUBARB from seed
  • Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 17:03:57 -0400

In a well established rhubarb clump, you can get many many sprouts (a growth with roots attached) which are extremely easy to transplant. You can multiply rhubarb exponentially over a few years, while controling exactly what you have since you are cloning the original variety...

If you plant these sprouts in good soil this Fall, you can start having a small production next Spring, and a full production in two years... It is also faster than seeds...

This is how, I would approach this problem. Good luck!

Hélène, zone 3-4
----- Original Message ----- From: "mIEKAL aND" <QAZINGULAZA@gmail.com>